Financial Assistance - 2017Updated Friday February 17, 2017 by OYO.
OAKLANDON YOUTH ORGANIZATION
2017 REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE GUIDELINES
Oaklandon Youth Organization (OYO) is an all-volunteer youth baseball and softball organization providing recreational leagues for children, regardless of ability, in a “fair play” atmosphere. Consistent with the philosophy of one of our organization’s founders, Bill Sturm, the OYO Board of Directors believes every child with a desire to learn and play baseball and softball should be provided with an opportunity to play.
There are many expenses necessary to keep OYO successful. These expenses are paid through sponsor donations and registration fees. Yet, we understand the occasional need to allow an extended time period to pay registration fees or registration assistance – also known as scholarships.
To enter a payment plan, you may split your payment into a maximum of three installments. We ask that you attach your first payment along with the registration form and make the last payment(s) prior to April 15, 2017. Your balance must be paid in full prior to your ballplayer participating in any recreational season games at OYO.
If the installment payment plan is not a viable option for you, then you may apply for an OYO Scholarship. Scholarship funds are limited and will be awarded by the Executive Board. All applications will remain confidential. There are a few additional criteria that must be met in order to be eligible.
• Complete the OYO Scholarship Application
• Check that you decline the Installment Plan
• Attach a letter stating why you are requesting financial help at this time
• Request must be received before the late registration date
• Scholarships may not be granted to more than two players per family, unless special circumstances are approved by the OYO Executive Board
• Any player receiving scholarship funds is not eligible to participate in OYO’s travel baseball or softball program the same year they have been awarded a scholarship
Since the scholarship will cover the complete registration fee, we ask that you attend one of our Field Preparation days.
To request one of these payment options you must fill out the OYO Player Registration Assistance Application and return via email to email@example.com before March 18, 2017, unless otherwise approved by the OYO Executive Board.
|2017 Spring Financial Assistance Application.pdf|