2019 Spring Season Game Schedules Now Available
Updated Monday April 1, 2019 by OYO.
The game schedule for your ballplayer's team is now available in League Toolbox. This includes both Scrimmage Game Schedule (or Practices) on Saturday, April 6 as well as Full Leaguewide Game Schedule starting April 13.
To access the game schedule for one player or multiple players in your family, simply follow these basic steps.
- Visit the OYO website at www.oyoball.org
- Click "Login" (green button in upper right corner)
- Click "My Schedule" (blue button on upper left side of screen)
- Review/print the schedules for all practices and games scheduled (for all players 12 and younger) thru June 8
Here are our "Top Ten" schedule-related tips, notes and reminders for the 2019 Spring Season:
- Opening Day Game Times Follow a Unique Schedule -- To accommodate the parade and festivities on set for Opening Day (Saturday, April 13), we will operate on a slightly delayed schedule with games starting at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
- New Game Schedule Times for All Remaining Saturdays in 2019 -- Starting April 20, all games will be played at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and some rate 5:45 p.m. game slots and all games will now adopt the same hard stop rules used in Fall Ball, specifically:
- TB and JRO games will end in 1 hour 30 min
- 8U and RB games will end in 1 hour 40 min
- 10U, 12U, MB and SM will end at 2 hour mark
- Weeknight Practices Continue Through April 26 - During the weeks of April 8, 15 and April 22, all teams will continue to hold weeknight practices as scheduled
- Weeknight Games Start April 29 -- All practices will give way to games starting Monday, April 29. Weeknight games all begin at 6 p.m., except for a few isolated game assignments at 8 p.m. later in the season.
- No Games Scheduled for Sundays or Memorial Day Weekend -- At OYO, we never schedule rec league activities on Sundays. In addition, we honor our country's celebration of Memorial Day by not scheduling any games from Friday, May 24 thru Monday, May 27.
- OYO Tournament Schedules Released in Late May -- Following a blind-draw open to the public on Saturday, May 11, the scheduling committee will complete, post and release all tournament brackets (for divisions serving players ages 12 and younger) no later than Monday, May 20.
- OYO Tournament Begins Monday, June 3 -- For all younger age divisions (except Tee Ball and Challengers), the annual double-elimination rec league tournament will begin on Monday, June 3 and end no later than Saturday, June 15 (if weather cooperates, the tournament could end a few days earlier).
- Tee Ball and Challenger Season Ends June 8 -- Tee Ball and Challenger ball clubs will continue to play games through Saturday, June 8.
- Check the OYO Weatherline for Any Game Updates -- The OYO Weatherline is used exclusively for game day updates, starting April 13. When in doubt, we encourage your family to check the OYO Weatherline approximately 45-60 minutes before your game. As an all-volunteer league, we do our best to update the Weatherline when weather or field conditions are questionable on Saturdays by 8 a.m. and on weeknights by 5 p.m. All practice-related decisions remain at the discretion of your team's coach.
- Rainouts Will Not Be Rescheduled -- To help families plan for the season, several years ago, OYO changed its schedule format to add two additional games to each team's schedule than in previous seasons but also removed the random rainout make-up days. This allows all families a chance to plan out their OYO schedules for the 10-week game season without having to accommodate last-minute additions. Learn more about the OYO Rainout Policy on OYO's website.
If you have any questions about the OYO Game Schedule or upcoming activities, please contact an OYO Board Member or simply reply to this email.
As always, thank you for choosing OYO as your place for baseball and softball!
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.